Published: 12 December 2012
We are very proud to introduce our new group of Growing the Future Food Skills and Life Skills Training graduates! This is what they learnt over the past year:
- Organic vegetable growing
- Basic soil science, soil improvement and soil preparation
- Propagation techniques, planting and care of vegetables
- Seasonal planting, interplanting
- Basic permaculture concepts
- Organic feeding and pest control regimes
- Beekeeping and the processing of honey
- Basic animal husbandry which includes taking care of pigs and chickens
- Life Skills Training which includes literacy, life orientation and basic computer skills
All of our graduates are available for employment. For more information about any of them, please contact Viola Siyotywa (084 830 7489; firstname.lastname@example.org).
Meet our Graduates!
I learnt a lot about planting vegetables, as well as computers, beekeeping, preserves.
Anchelle Damon (EMPLOYED)
I have learnt a lot about permaculture, agriculture, making compost, different types of soil, worm leachate, natural fertilisers and companion planting, making three dimensional gardens, as beekeeping and animal husbandry.
I learnt how to plant without using chemical fertilisers, control pests by using organic sprays and companion planting as well as a lot about permaculture, designing and managing that space.
I learnt a lot about making healthy food from the garden and learnt how to plant vegetables, compost and how to make good soil. I love my work.
I have learnt a lot about computers, different vegetables, composting, and making my own sprays.
I have learned about food production, animal husbandry, beekeeping and life skills.
I have learnt many things during my year at Growing the Future including soil preparation for planting, computer skills and beekeeping.
I have learnt many things including how to prepare soil, make compost and to make our own organic sprays as well as how to extract honey.