Yes, we want to have some FUN, but what are we trying to achieve:
- Fundraising - Caring for our penguin patients is a costly affair, every extra penny we raise through events will ultimately contribute to the cause.
- Awareness - The only way to prevent the plummeting population numbers, is by effecting change. Change becomes reality when people are informed about issues. It is our responsibility to educate people about the pressures on the penguins specifically and the greater environment in general. We use events like this to spread the word and to affect change.
Share the "What are we trying to achieve" page
There is a "Waddle, walk, wander or run but have some fun" main event. A 5 km scenic walk or run along the Kleinbaai coast.
We plan to add some frosting to the walk with additional attractions. This includes:
- Challenging families and groups to dress like a penguin, with prizes for the best penguin impression. Participants will be encouraged to display the African penguin black and white colours.
- A Caricaturist to capture the family fun.
- A world renowned kite maker, flying philosaurusses, zombie chickens, an octopus, and various other objects to brighten the day.
- Health & Active Spin-a-thon "penguins", because all events need "spinning".
- A #ThumbsUpForPenguins campaign - showing support for the penguins by "penguinifying" your thumb nail.
- There will be eats & drinks to fortify the penguin participants.
- Our conservation partners will be on hand to have the conservation conversation.
- The normal coffee, cake & curio's will be available inside the APSS. Remember that one can observe the penguin feeding time at 3pm.
Share the "What does the event entail?" page
We would love for you to be part of this penguin party. We hope to reach our target of 500 entrants and to make this happen we need your support.
- As always we need financial support and any financial contributions towards the costs of this event will be appreciated. These costs include the hire of the normal event paraphernalia like a tent, sound system and chairs.
- Sponsor some lucky draw prizes.
- Promote the event through the various channels available to you.
- Volunteer your services - we need marshals, water table assistants and people to help manage the various activities.
- Join us on the day, bring your family and friends, babies in prams and dogs on leashes. Wear your penguin best and March for the Penguins.
None of our work is possible without the support of our private and corporate donors, and the invaluable support of the tourism industry.
If you are willing to contribute to this "penguin party", please contact Brenda du Toit to discuss your contribution.
Share the "What do we need" page
TICKET TYPE SALES END PRICE FEE
Adults 21 Dec 2018 R80 R5
Children u/12 21 Dec 2018 R40 R5
Baby & Pram 21 Dec 2018 R40 R5
Dog on a leash 21 Dec 2018 R40 R5
- Tickets: Online from Quicket.
- Tickets will also be for sale from 1 December at the African Penguin & Seabird Sanctuary (APSS).
- On the day of the event tickets for sale & registration from 07:00 am at the APSS.
Share the "Tickets & Registration" page