National Wills Week will be held from 17 to 21 September. Our firm’s participation in the project is threefold, firstly, to thank the community for your support, and to give you something in return, and secondly to empower those who do not otherwise have access to this kind of service, and thirdly, to generally enable you to consider the importance of and having a simple Will, all done and drawn for free. All members of the community are welcome to take advantage of this opportunity as we are at liberty to do so at no charge whatsoever during Wills Week. Attorneys are not permitted to draft Wills without charge during any other period, as doing so is construed as touting, which is a violation of the Law regulating the profession. However, we will grant you a free consultation and draw a simple Will without any charge during this period known as “WILLS WEEK”.
National Wills Week is now an established highlight among the profession's social outreach and access to justice initiatives. This is thanks to the thousands of attorneys who participate by giving generously of their time and skills. Wills Week has also attracted increasing coverage in the media as well as support from major stakeholders.
The aim of the Wills Week campaign is twofold:
- To position attorneys as the premier providers of wills and estates services to the public, and to improve the image of the profession generally.
- To encourage members of the public who would not normally make use of the services of an attorney, or who may hesitate to approach an attorney, to consult an attorney to have a basic will drafted.
What can you expect from us as a participating firm?
- Basic wills will be drawn up free of charge. A Will containing the creation of a Trust is not a simple Will and is not included during this campaign. However, you may consult us at any other time in connection with any other Will, or creation of a Will with a Trust incorporated in the Will.
- An explanation of the importance of having a properly and professionally drafted will.
- You may elect who you want to be nominated as the executor of the estate.
- You will be given the original Will for signature and safekeeping.
- Consultation with the view of drawing a Will will be conducted at our offices.
- We will not redraft or amend existing Wills for free, nor will we draft complex Wills involving trusts, etc during this campaign.
Consultations may be scheduled now already. Please quote “WILLS WEEK” when calling.
Consultations will, however, be limited to availability on a first come first serve basis. Call Mrs Lucas now at 028 384 1255 during office hours.