A memorial service for colleague Johan Roos who suffered a fatal heart attack last Wednesday evening will be held on Friday, 5 March 2021.
GANSBAAI LIBRARY EAGERLY AWAITS VISITS FROM ITS MEMBERS
“We’ve missed seeing all our library members - please come and visit us to take out books,” encourage Edna van der Linde of the Gansbaai Library.
She added that lots of work has taken place during the past month since the re-opening of library buildings. In addition, surfaces are being disinfected daily and deep cleansing and sanitasing takes place on a weekly basis.
Gansbaai Library encourages patrons over 60 to use the library again. The library also welcomes children to borrow books and other items again.
Library members can be reassured that Overstrand Municipality remains committed to ensuring that both staff and customers are kept as safe as possible with COVID-19 safety measures in place.
Opening date and times:
• Opening times are Mondays to Fridays from 09:30 - 17:30.
• Patrons may check out up to 10 items per person.
• Books can be renewed for one month before they need to be returned to the library.
• The public can continue to drop their books and other library materials (sealed in bags with their membership detail) in bins/ boxes placed at entrances to respective libraries.
Visiting the library
• Seating in most areas has been removed or is unavailable.
• Computer use - internet access and computers will be available but you will need to pre-book a session (maximum of 30 minutes) in advance.
• Study and reading sections remain closed and patrons will not be allowed to read newspapers or magazines in the library.
• Time spent in the library will be limited to a maximum of 30 minutes and no browsing will be allowed.
• The number of people allowed in will be limited (the number of people will depend on the floor space of the particular library).
• All returned books and library material will be quarantined - this might cause a delay in availability.
• Masks are to be worn when using the library.
• Social distancing measures are in place and customers will be expected to meet these and other safety measures such as using the hand sanitiser provided.
If you are unable to visit the library
• Members can make use of the Online Library Catalogue to see the availability of books and to find out if the library has a specific book you want to read. Library books can also be renewed on this platform.
• Go to the Municipal website www.overstrand.gov.za. At the bottom of the page, click on Web Links, then click on ‘libraries’ and SLIMS to request library materials. Alternatively, go to wc.slims.gov.za/desktop/desktopwcheplhe.
• Requests can also be sent via email to the chief librarian of your local library. Details required, include library card number, name and surname, identity number, physical address and contact number.
• Library staff will collate all books and other library material and phone or email patrons, within two days’ of the request with arrangements for collection. Please keep in mind that books might be in quarantine and not available.