Please see the latest update for the provincial load shedding relief grant.
Department of Home Affairs deploys mobile unit to issue IDs to Gansbaai residents
The Department of Home Affairs will visit Gansbaai on 11 October 2022 to assist residents in applying for smart ID cards.
The Home Affairs Mobile Unit will be set up at the Gansbaai Spaces for Sport from 10:00.
There will be no need for applicants to bring (or pay for) ID photos when they are first-time applicants or when they are pensioners or for re-issuing of a lost ID card; you will only need two ID photos when applying for a temporary ID Certificate.
FIRST-TIME IDs: (From 16 years and older and never had an ID before)
• The First applicant must produce an original birth certificate
• Applicant's mother (preferably) must be present with her original ID on the day of application
• If your mother is deceased bring her death certificate, court order and legal guardian with ID must be present (proof of guardianship)
• Free of charge
PENSIONERS: (60 years and older if it is your first ID Smart Card)
• Your ID number and old ID book
• If your green ID book was lost/stolen bring along an affidavit from SAPS
RE-ISSUE OF ID SMART CARD:
• ID number
• Affidavit from SAPS