Wed, Apr-26, 08H30 - Sun, Apr-30, 17H00
Join us for our Autumn edition of The Self-sufficiency and Sustainable Lifestyle Workshop which will take place from 26th-30th April at Good Luck Cottage & Graze Cafe, in Stanford.
This 4 day workshop will include:
- Keeping poultry & rabbits - slaughtering, skinning & plucking.
- Basic bee keeping and apiary visit.
- Organic vegetable, herb & fruit gardening, and medicinal plants.
- Compost and worms.
We will spend a day in the kitchen:
- Learning how to make soft cheeses with Helen from Kaleba Dairy.
- Natural fabric dyeing with fynbos.
- Smoking, curing, fermenting
- Soap making
The experience includes lunch every day, a Friday night dinner at Graze, the Sunday Mushroom Forage with Justin Williams, followed by a mushroom inspired lunch. Take-home planting guides, recipes as well as seeds and plants to get your garden going.
If you would like to discuss a student or discounted rate please drop us an email.
Costs are R1000/ day and R700 for the mushroom hunt.