Published: 15 January 2013
- Trips depart from Kleinbaai harbour and anchor site depends on the sea conditions, weather and previous shark sightings.
- The South African winter months - from June to September - are the best times for viewing regarding visibility in the water and feeding habits, but trips are done throughout the year.
- There is the option of surface viewing from the specialized boats or entering the water in a secure cage. One does not have to be scuba qualified.
- The specially designed shark diving cage is very secure, and floats with part of the cage out of the water. Divers are never more than a meter below the surface.
- All diving equipment is supplied, and all shark diving operators have to comply with strict safety rules and regulations.
- An average of 4 to 5 sharks are usually encountered, but as many as 18 have been seen. Winter storms can prevent boats from launching, so it is best to schedule a few additional days into one's itinerary.