Published: 04 October 2013
By:SECMA International Security
- Do not leave notes on the door, underneath the carpet or in the post box to indicate that you are away.
- Do not leave hidden keys.
- Leave your house key with a trusted neighbour or the key holder (as registered with SECMA) so that access can be gained in an emergency.
- Do not leave only the outside lights on as this is usually an indication to would-be intruders that the house is not occupied.
- Leave lights on and the radio playing as this gives the impression that the house is occupied.
- As a beighbour to check on your house and switch lights on and off.