My client in the building industry is looking for an admin office assistant.
General and Financial Manager - Vacancy Hermanus
My client is currently looking for a dynamic and driven individual to fill a combined role of General Manager and Financial Manager.
The General Manager is expected to improve efficiency and increase profits, and handle the overall operations of the company, whilst ensuring that key values are adhered to.
Thus, the General Manager’s job description includes but is not limited to:
- Brand development and management;
- Sales, marketing and public relations support;
- Management of all staff and related key issues;
- Overseeing governance and control;
- Overseeing the budget and financial health;
- General management of all other key areas of the farm (e.g. security, health and safety, risk, etc.);
- Key contact point and communicator with the owners and the staff;
- Monthly report compilation and presenting to the owners.
Thus, the Financial Manager’s job description includes but is not limited to:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and financial report;
- Cash flow management and forecasting;
- Treasury function;
- Processing and reconciliation of cash books;
- Processing of monthly journals;
- Monthly general ledger reconciliations;
- Overseeing the assistant accountant’s function (debtors, creditors, petty cash duties);
- Overseeing the stock controller’s function;
- Authorisation and control of all payments;
- Fixed asset register maintenance;
- VAT submissions and payments;
- Monitoring, maintaining and ensuring compliance with financial and other internal controls;
- Preparation, management and main liaison for the annual audit;
- Annual budget preparation and presentation;
- Contracting and communication with key suppliers e.g. insurers, bankers, pension fund etc.;
- Full HR function including:
- Processing salary and wages payrolls;
- Maintaining personnel files;
- Liaise with employees’ pension fund;
- Implementing the company’s HR policies and procedures;
- EMP201 and EMP501 submissions and payments;
- Workmen’s Compensation submissions and payments;
- Employment equity submissions.
Experience and Qualifications
- Chartered Accountant
- Minimum of 5 years’ full general and financial management experience
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Working knowledge and experience with Pastel and VIP software packages
- Wine industry knowledge is an advantage
- Chartered Accountant
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.