A large portion of Kleinbaai is currently serviced by septic tanks.
Severe Weather Warning: 9/10 July 2020
Please be prepared for severe weather conditions from Thursday to Saturday.
The weather advisory services are warning of:
- Heavy rain, leading to possible flooding in the Overberg.
- Gale to strong gale force north-westerly winds (70-100km/h) on Thursday morning and winds of 65-75km/h Thursday night and Friday morning.
- High seas with wave heights of 6 to 7m.
- Light snowfalls on mountainous regions in the Western Cape.
- Very cold conditions over high-lying areas in the Western Cape.
Here’s what you can do so long:
- Prepare for possible power outages (keep your flashlights, extra batteries and other essentials ready).
- Think of your pets; help them to also keep warm during the cold blitz and rain and keep them indoors.
- Fix cracks that may leak water.
- Switch off non-essential electrical items.
- Make sure movable items outside your home are secured.
Here are your emergency numbers should you need help:
Overstrand Municipality: 028 312 2400 in case of a fire, flood or 028 313 8111 for stormwater and other emergencies relating to municipal infrastructure.