Overstrand Libraries are still having problems issuing books to patrons.
Amended Level 3 Lockdown - 29 December 2020
South Africa will move from lockdown level 1 back to level 3 at midnight (00:01 on 29 December 2020 ) until 15 January 2021.
- The nationwide curfew will be extended from 9pm to 6am. Apart from permitted workers and for medical and security emergencies, nobody is allowed outside their place of residence during curfew.
- Non-essential establishments - including shops, restaurants, bars and all cultural venues - must close at 8pm. The list of these establishments will be released shortly.
- From now on it is compulsory for every person to wear a mask in a public space. A person who does not wear a cloth mask covering over the nose and mouth in a public place will be committing an offense.
- Night clubs & businesses engaged in the sale and transportation of liquor will not be allowed to operate. The Level 3 restrictions will remain in place until 15 January 2021.
Therefore, under the strengthened regulations:
- The sale of alcohol from retail outlets and the on-site consumption of alcohol will not be permitted.
- The prohibition on consuming alcohol in public spaces like parks and beaches remains.
In the Western Cape, the West Coast District, Overberg District, Winelands District, Cape Town, Central Karoo District are hotspots. This is in addition to the Garden Route District.
All beaches, rivers, dams, public pools and public parks are closed with immediate effect.