President Cyril Ramaphosa announced that South Africa’s Covid-19 restrictions would be lowered as the country moved to an adjusted level 2 lockdown from Monday.
Overstrand Municipality offers rates rebate relief to senior citizens, disabled
Retired and disabled persons qualify for special rebates on property rates, according to their total gross monthly household income.
To qualify for the rebate:
• The owner(s) must be a South African citizen(s)
• The applicant(s) must be the registered owner(s)
• The owner(s) must occupy the property as his/her/their primary residence
• The owner(s) must be at least 60 years of age or in receipt of a disability pension from the State
• The gross monthly household income may not exceed 8x state funded social pension per month (R15 120)
• The applicant(s) may not be owner(s) of more than one property
Pensioners and disabled persons have until 30 September 2021 to submit their applications for a rebate on property rates to Overstrand's Rates and Data Control Office.
The application forms are available on www.overstrand.gov.za, click on Documents, click on Forms.
Enquiries with regard to the above, can be directed to the Rates and Data Control Office on 028 313 8000.
Alternatively send an email to email@example.com