Temperatures are rising and snakes are becoming more active after a long period of hibernation; they are hungry and in search of food.
SOUTH AFRICA MOVES TO ADJUSTED ALERT LEVEL 1
Last night, 30 September 2021, President Cyril Ramaphosa announced that South Africa will move to adjusted alert level 1 of the national lockdown.
Here are some of the key points from the announcement:
• President Cyril Ramaphosa announced that government will be launching the 'Vooma Vaccination' programme to intensify the vaccination drive
• The curfew will change from midnight to 04:00
• The maximum number of people permitted to attend meetings indoors will increase from 250 to 750
• The maximum number of people permitted to attend meetings outdoors will increase from 500 to 2000
• The maximum number of people permitted to attend funerals, will increase from 50 to 100
• The sale of alcohol for on and off-site consumption will be permitted according to the normal license provisions, no alcohol will be sold after 23:00
• The department of health will soon be rolling out a vaccination certificate, it can be used to facilitate travel and access establishments that require proof of vaccination