If you're a resident or even an annual visitor to Gansbaai, you’ve probably noticed a tortoise or two crossing the road...
It's tat time of the year again - it's time for the Stanford Stumble at Stanford Hills Estate. The fun run will be taking place on the 29 November 2014 and registration starts at 15:00.
Afterwards there will be live music, kids activities, food and drinks for sale. This year we will also hold a small auction of a variety of donated items to help with fundraising.
Race and auction proceeds are for the Butterfly Foundation. Our long term vision is to create a therapy centre for special needs children in the Stanford area. Currently the closest such facility is in Sandbaai and is called Anima.
We are working together with Anima for the greater good of the children, and now realise that they are in need of our financial assistance. Naturally we must ensure the smooth and continued running of the existing facility before looking at creating a new one, so all monies raised at this year’s Stanford Stumble will be donated directly to Anima. The facility is a shining example of offering these children a happy, joyful space to make friends and learn to their maximum potential. We strongly feel we need to help them, as they will help us later in establishing a secondary facility (Anima is currently full and can only take a maximum of 12 children).
How can you help?
- Attend the Stumble, bringing friends or family along. Why not enter a team for your business?
- Offer something that we can auction off just after the run to collect extra funds
- We are looking for a sponsor for juice enroute for children, as they will naturally not be having wine
- We are looking for volunteers to man a few of the wine stops en route
- Looking for prizes for winning teams, including best dressed and best Movember Mo
- If you can’t make it, please do consider a direct donation
For more information please contact Jaime Yeats-Kastner at 082 897 2390