Day one of WTM Africa done and dusted and results for the #ARTA18 are in.
Join us to see magnificent Mako and Blue sharks as well as the massive Yellowfin Tuna that they occasionally hunt.
Our new Blue and Mako Shark Scuba Diving experience is an added bonus to all shark lovers. This pelagic shark tour will take you to the clear blue offshore waters off the coast of Gansbaai. Join our knowledgeable and experienced team as we set out to scuba dive with the pelagic sharks of the deep blue. You might also be lucky enough to experience the Marine Big 5 on the way to the pelagic diving site.
What you can expect
This exhilarating scuba diving experience offers divers a glimpse into the world of these pelagic sharks. Blue and Mako Sharks are quite inquisitive and naturally interact with divers. Along with the Blue and Mako Sharks, divers will also get a chance to see various fish, jellyfish and other bioluminescent creatures of the deep. During the trip to the dive location we will be on the lookout for various pelagic birds and of course the Marine Big 5 - Southern Right Whales, Great White Sharks, African Penguins, Cape Fur Seals, various dolphin species.
The dive happens off the Dyer Island Eco-system, approximately 50 - 70 km out to sea. The dive is a relaxed viewing experience and great for beginners, as it is not a very technical dive.
Here is what to expect
- On the cruise out to sea, guests will observe many pelagic bird species and possibly the Marine Big 5. Your friendly and knowledgeable crew will tell you more about the spotted species.
- Dedicated safety briefing video will be shown to divers prior to launching and life jackets will be dressed while still on land. Once we reach the diving site, full kits will be handed out and kit-up will commence.
- Duration to diving site: 2 hours into the deep sea, where the water starts warming up. Temperatures are ideally anything over 16 degrees.
- A certified diving instructor will guide the dive to ensure guests get to enjoy the open water and amazing interaction with the Sharks
- Warm soup and bread rolls will be available during de-briefing once we are back on land.
Here are some details about the trip
- Rate: R2500 p/p
- Minimum of 4 divers required per trip.
- Meeting Point: Great White House in Kleinbaai, Gansbaai.
- Dive Location: Pelagic waters 50 - 70km off Gansbaai coast.
- Dive Depth: 5 to 10m
- Chumming: Yes
- Full duration: 6 - 8 hours
- The Boat: Show Time is an 11m catamaran that caters for 12 passengers and three crew members.
- Certification: Open Water (Proof Required with booking)
- Safety Briefing
- Guided Scuba Dive
- Snacks Provided on Boat
- Full Scuba Gear Provided
What to bring for the trip
Sunscreen, bathing costume, comfortable closed shoes, warm clothing – it can be chilly at sea. Please take your SEA SICKNESS pills the night before and again two hours prior to the trip. We do not sell any medication at our office.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PAYMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Should we cancel a trip and you have already paid, you will be refunded. Otherwise, please cancel 7 days in advance as per our cancellation policy. Should you not arrive for your trip, you will be billed.
Sharks are wild animals and their presence cannot be guaranteed.
- WEATHER: Our trips are weather dependent and times can vary. We will confirm the time you need to be with us the afternoon prior to your trip once we have done a detailed weather check.
- LIABILITY: Guests must sign an indemnity form prior to the activity thereby acknowledging that the activity is undertaken at own risk. Any unaccompanied minor (under 18 years of age) requires the indemnity to be signed by a parent/legal guardian prior to the activity.
- SCUBA CERTIFICATION: Proof of Open Water certification is required when booking this tour.
- VIDEO FOOTAGE: We take photographs, films and videos (including in electronic format) of our guests during the excursion, and may use such photographic, film and video material for the purpose of any advertising or brochure productions, which the client irrevocably gives his consent thereto, and without any consideration being payable to the client.