Welcome to the next chapter in Gansbaai’s town marketing - Xplorio Gansbaai’s first ever Town Explorer!
This week held great excitement as all involved in Tourism prepared for the annual WTM® Africa taking place in Cape Town at the Cape Town Convention Centre (CTICC) from 14 – 17 April 2015. World Travel Market® Africa is the leading B2B exhibition for the inbound and outbound African travel and tourism markets.
The annual WTM® Africa consists of a series of debates, seminars and talks from a variety of thought leaders in the Tourism Industry as well as over 500 exhibitors. Focused on all things Tourism, the WTM® is the perfect opportunity to network, raise brand awareness, conduct market research and hear what the leaders in various Tourism Industries have to say.
A big highlight for WTM® Africa was the African Responsible Tourism Awards sponsored by Wesgro. This year’s African Responsible Tourism Awards Ceremony was especially noteworthy as Gansbaai walked away with 3 of the awards. Once again proving how dedicated communities in the Overberg are to the sustainability and preservation of our beautiful region through responsible tourism.
The winners of the African Responsible Tourism Awards for the WTM® Africa 2015 are as follow:
• Best Destination for ResponsibleTourism - Gansbaai Toursim
• Best for Poverty Reduction - Grootbos Private Nature Reserve & Transfontier Parks Destinations
• Best for Wildlife Conservation - Marine Dynamics
• Best for Resource Management - Chobe Game Lodge
• Best for Beach Tourism - Chumbe Island Coral Park
• Best for Engaging People & Culture - Coffee Beans Routes
• Best Blog for Responsible Tourism - The Good Holiday
A big congratulations to our #proudlyGansbaai heroes of responsible tourism Gansbaai Tourism, Marine Dynamics and Grootbos Private Nature Reserve/Grootbos Foundation.