Urgent call for assistance from the community of fire-ravaged Betty’s Bay, Pringle Bay and Rooi Els.
We are looking for a photo of you holding the Xplorio Gansbaai Town Explorer with a great description of why you love the new town directory!!!
A voucher to the value of R750 to be used at Arrie Nel Gansbaai Pharmacy will be awarded to the contestant with the most imaginative description as to why they love the new Xplorio Gansbaai Town Explorer.
Post your photo and description on your timeline tagging the Xplorio Gansbaai Facebook Page. Grab yours today and get creative!
Closing date for competition entries - 31 January 2018
Terms & Conditions:
- The Xplorio Gansbaai Town Explorer Photo Competition (the “Competition”) is open to anyone and without age restriction.
- Only one (1) image or video may be submitted, all subsequent entries will not be judged.
- Entrants into the Competition shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Competition, you must post an image on the Xplorio Gansbaai Facebook page and tell us why you love the new Xplorio Gansbaai Town Directory.
- If you have any questions in connection with the Competition, please inbox Xplorio Gansbaai Facebook Page.
- You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Competition entry to us.
- The opening date and time of the competition is the first day it was announced. The closing date is as per the events schedule and can be extended. Xplorio Gansbaai reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to extend the closing date and not award the main cash prize where the entries received are of insufficient quality.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, you grant Xplorio:
- Permission for your photo/video to be published on selected websites, social media and other publications, for the sake of marketing the Xplorio Gansbaai Town Explorer.
- You grant Xplorio a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual licence (with a right to sublicense) to use, republish, edit and/or modify your submitted photo/video in any/all media (including in electronic format and hard copy) for purposes connected with the Competition and as described in these Terms and Conditions.
- The right to use your name and country of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the Competition.
- By entering you confirm that you own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not include any trademarks, and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behavior, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties. If Xplorio has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these Terms and Conditions, then Xplorio Gansbaai may not consider it and may disqualify it.
- Entrants confirm that each individual whose image is featured in the Competition entry has given consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this Competition and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Where an individual whose image is featured in a Competition entry is aged less than 18 years the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.
Picking the winners
- Xplorio judges, to be advised, (together the “Judges”) will choose one winning entry and two runner-ups from all the valid Competition entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Full details of the judging process and the names of the Judges are available on request.
- When choosing the winner, the Judges will be looking for the best description of why you love the Xplorio Gansbaai Town Explorer.
- The Judges’ decision of the winner will be made at most one month after the closing date of the Competition. The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into to debate the choice of winner.
- The Winner will win a R750 voucher to be used at Gansbaai Pharmacy.
- The winner will be notified by Xplorio Gansbaai via telephone, email or tagged in an announcement post on Facebook, within 28 days of being selected as the winner and given details of how to claim their prize. If the winner does not respond to Xplorio Gansbaai within 21 days of being notified by Xplorio of their win, then the prize will be forfeited and the judges shall be entitled to select another winner using the process referred to above (and that winner will have to respond to the phone call or inbox message from Xplorio Gansbaai within 21 days or else they will also forfeit the prize). If a winner rejects the prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these terms, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the judges shall be entitled to select another winner using the process referred to above.
- The prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred by you and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other prize. You must pay all other costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
- We retain the right to substitute the prizes with another prize of similar value in the event that the original prize offered is not available.
Some other rules
- Entries entered on behalf of someone else will not be accepted.
- We take no responsibility for entries that are lost or delayed.
- The winner may be required to take part in promotional activities related to the Competition and shall participate in such activities on Xplorio’s reasonable request. The winner’s consent to the use by Xplorio, both before and after the closing date of the Competition for an unlimited time, of the winners’ voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by Xplorio) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the same.
- Xplorio accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting any prize. Xplorio further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person’s electronic equipment relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
- Xplorio reserves the right at any time modify or discontinue (temporarily or permanently) this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons beyond its reasonable control. The decision of Xplorio in all matters relating to the Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the matter.
- The Competition and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by SA Law and entrants of the Competition submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
Have fun Xplorers.