Step aboard for a special boat trip at sunrise, honouring the historic Birkenhead Commemoration!
Penguin Campaign December 2023 - It’s Competition Time!
Join in the festive spirit with Gansbaai Tourism Bureau and get ready for a chance to win incredible prizes this holiday season!
The Overstrand Penguin Campaign, a project by the Dyer Island Conservation Trust in support of the African Penguin & Seabird Sanctuary, aims to contribute to the conservation of the endangered African penguin.
In honour of these charming tuxedo-clad birds, Overstrand tourism offices invite you to participate in the Penguin Campaign Competition!
Participating is a breeze! There are 11 monumental penguins scattered along the Cape Whale Coast, each waiting to be discovered. To qualify for the exciting lucky draws and grand prizes, simply adhere to a few basic rules.
Feel free to visit one or all of the penguins at your leisure, because there’s more good news. The more penguins you visit and share photos of, the greater your chances of winning fantastic prizes!
The good news is, that the more penguins you visit and upload photos of, the better your chances are of winning a prize! So visit one or go for it and visit them all!
• Competition Starts - Monday 11 December 2023
• Competition Ends - Saturday 13 January 2024
What Are The Prizes?
Each entry gets you into the draw for the Lucky Draw prizes.
Three or more entries get you into the Grand Prize Draw as long as Pumza - a celebrity penguin who lives at the African Penguin & Seabird Sanctuary in Kleinbaai, is one of them.
• Prize 1: One Night Stay for Two at Saxon Lodge (+ 50% off if you choose to stay for a second night)
• Prize 2: Marine Big5 Boat Trip for Two
Lucky Draw Prizes
• Crocodile Pond Tour for Two at Afrikanos
• Milkshakes for Two at Gansbaai Coffee Co.
• R50 Voucher for Gansbaai Market
• Bags of Food to Feed the Farm Animals at Groeneweide
How to Enter
. Download your Penguin Passport Here
2. Take a Photo of You and the Penguin You are Visiting
3. Share your photo on Facebook / Instagram, tag @gansbaaitourism and add #Gansbaaitourism and #Penguinpassport to Your Post
4. Complete the Entry Form Here
5. Submit It!*
*Contestants need three entries to stand a chance to win the grand prize (Pumza has to be one of the penguins visited)
*One entry per penguin
Competition Rules / T&Cs
• Entrants must allow their photos to be shared on social media by the organisers and participating businesses
• Winners will be announced and contacted on 13 January 2024
• There will be a winner for each of the two grand prizes
• Grand prizes will be valid for 12 months from when the winners are announced
• Lucky draws will happen randomly throughout the penguin campaign
• Prizes are subject to availability dates and the boat trip is weather permitting
TERMS & CONDITIONS: The competition is open to South African citizens and permanent residents over the age of 18. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain consent from a parent or guardian before entering the competition. The grand prizes will go to the first name selected at random after the closing date. The prizes are non-negotiable and may not be transferred or exchanged for cash. The winner will be announced on Facebook, other social media platforms and the promotor’s website. The winner will be contacted by telephone. The winner’s details may be announced on the promoter’s website and social media platforms. The promoters may use the winner’s name and photograph in promotional advertising material or for marketing. The winner will be required to sign a winner’s declaration and related documentation as required by law and may need to provide proof of identity. The promoter retains the right to delay the timing of the publication of the winners of the competition. The winner of this competition will be chosen in accordance with the requirements and procedures of the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008. PRIVACY AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: The personal information which is collected from you and processed by the promoter is done solely with your consent. It will be processed purely for this competition. We will not share your personal information further than for the competition. Your information will be deleted after the competition as required by POPIA.