Tourism Officer (Level 8) Position
Salary: R418 016 per annum
CapeNature seeks to employ a suitably qualified, experienced and customer-centric individual as the Tourism Officer, for a portfolio of reserves in the South region. The ideal candidate should be highly organized with vast experience in the project management field. Hospitality experience coupled with a good understanding of building key partnerships, both internally and externally, is a key requirement for this role. The successful individual will work alongside a team, to drive optimal visitor satisfaction by ensuring efficient and consistent service delivery.
The portfolio of reserves compromises of De Hoop Nature Reserve - including the popular Whale Trail, De Mond, Walker Bay, Marloth and Vrolijkheid Nature Reserves.
The bouquet of tourism products covers self-catering cottages, overnight hiking huts, day & overnight visitor conference / dormitory style venues, picnicking, communal recreational facilities, and a variety of day visitor activities such as hiking and fishing, to name a few. The successful individual will be based at CapeNature’s regional office, located in walker Bay - Hermanus, Western Cape.
1. Coordinate Tourism Operations, Regionally
Input, champion, implement and project manage a consistently high level of service excellence across all aspects of eco-tourism operations and the guest experience within the South regional reserves, in the Western Cape.
2. Project Manage Key Programs and Maintenance
Input and project manage key programs, improvements, regular maintenance and drive the support required in Product Development across the reserves, all of which is underpinned by elements of innovation and green technology solutions.
3. Building Internal and External Stakeholder Relationships
Build key relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to execute on the overall strategic plans for the region, and to ensure that the regions’ tourism product is top of mind.
4. Leading a High Performing Team
Develop, support, motivate and manage a team of high performing individuals within the region, to deliver successfully on the strategic operational plans.
5. Delivering Service Excellence through Business Opportunities
Project manage the relationship, contract and in driving service excellence standards offered by concessionaire partnerships. In addition, identify and research new opportunities to grow the experience offering and facilities at reserve level.
• A formal Tourism / Hospitality / Project / Business Management related qualification with at least (5) five years’ appropriate tourism/hospitality industry experience.
• At least 2 (two) years’ experience in managing a team.
• A valid Code B drivers’ license, manual vehicle.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages. RoomSeeker is advantageous but not a pre-requisite.
• Demonstrate excellent communication, project coordination, budget management, time management and customer-focused skills required.
• An energetic and self-motivated individual with a positive attitude.
• Language proficiency in two (2) of the three (3) official languages of the Western Cape.
• Experience in an eco-tourism environment is preferred, but not a necessity.
• Demonstrate experience managing accommodation/tourism facilities.
• Background knowledge of nature-based tourism and conservation.
For any queries, contact Fatima Borez on firstname.lastname@example.org