If you've spent any time outdoors recently, you may have found yourself swatting away a fly or mosquito...
There's no surefire way to prevent sports injuries. But there are things you can do to reduce the risk. Many sports-related injuries are related to overuse of certain joints and muscles. Our pharmacist offers this advice:
- Allow at least one day a week of rest to allow the body to recover.
- Wear the appropriate protective gear for each sport.
- Always stretch before and after sports to help increase flexibility.
- Do not play while you are in pain.
- rink fluids (preferably water) before, during and after exercise.