When you feel miserable, all you care about is getting better.
There's no surefire way to prevent sports injuries. But there are things you can do to reduce the risk. Many sports-related injuries are related to overuse of certain joints and muscles. Our pharmacist offers this advice:
- Allow at least one day a week of rest to allow the body to recover.
- Wear the appropriate protective gear for each sport.
- Always stretch before and after sports to help increase flexibility.
- Do not play while you are in pain.
- rink fluids (preferably water) before, during and after exercise.