Goeie naelsorg is belangrik, maar dit is moontlik om dit te oordoen.
You will need:
- 800g - 1kg filleted, but not skinned, white fish e.g. Hake or Cape Salmon
- Ina Paarman's Fish Spice
- Canola oil
- 6 medium onions, sliced into rings - separate the rings
- 11⁄2 cups (375 ml) water
- 3⁄4 cup (180 ml) cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 t (5 ml) turmeric
- 1⁄4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 21⁄2 t (12.5 ml) Ina Paarman's
- Seasoned Sea Salt
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman's
- Tikka Curry Coat & Cook Sauce
- Season the fish generously on both sides with the Fish Spice and pan-fry it in 1 cm deep oil until cooked through on the inside and nicely browned on the outside. Remove from the pan to a plate (don't drain on kitchen paper because the little extra oil is needed in the sauce).
- In a medium saucepan, cook the onion rings, water, cider vinegar, turmeric, sugar and Seasoned Sea Salt for 4-5 minutes. To keep the onions crisp, spoon the onions out, but don't discard the liquid. Add the Tikka Coat & Cook Sauce to the liquid and bring to the boil. Taste for seasoning and sugar.
- Place a layer of onion on the bottom of a glass, porcelain or enamel dish with a lid. Place half the fish on the bed of onions, cover with half the remaining onions. Add the final layer of fish and onion. Pour the curry sauce over. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before using. It is best after 2 days. Delicious with a salad and crispy rolls.