Vacancy: House Mother (Part Time)
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) has a mandate, as outlined in the South African National Space Agency Act, 2008 (Act No 36 of 2008), to co-ordinate and integrate national space science and technology programmes and conduct long-term planning and implementation of space related activities in South Africa, for the benefit of the citizens of South Africa.
SANSA requires a loving, caring and mature individual to provide support to new employees at the Hermanus Western Cape campus.
The ideal individual:
• Must genuinely like and want to help young people
• Must have a valid drivers licence
• Must be in good health and physically fit
• Must live in the Hermanus area, and be familiar with the Hermanus area and all amenities
• First aid knowledge would be an advantage
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be able to foster good relationships within the group
• Must have the necessary time to dedicate to the group
• Must be South African or have permanent residence status
Duties (not limited to this list):
• Providing motherly advise and care to young people
• Take responsibility for the physical wellbeing, safety and whereabouts of the young people
• Liaise with SANSA regarding cleaning, maintenance and any other identified needs within the accommodation
• If required, obtain medical care or assistance for the young people
• Provide emotional support
SANSA is expecting four young women to join the organisation on 1 June 2021, and initially this position will be to care for and assist this group. The individual does not have to live-in with the group however is expected to be available to the group as and when needed, and should make regular visits to the accommodation and the workplace to provide support.
This is a Part-Time position with an initial contract period of 3 months, and the incumbent may hold another position or other responsibilities at the same time. The position will suit a retired individual or an older person who currently has only part time work.
Please note that references will be contacted and a background check will be done.
SANSA reserves the right to not make an appointment.
Should you meet the above requirements, please apply by submitting an application letter showing your residential address , a copy of your ID and the details of 3 contactable references explaining how you suit the above requirements and why you would like to be a House Mother for SANSA. Letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 May 2021.