MUNICIPAL BURSARY PROGRAMME within the Overstrand Municipal Area and in collaboration with Provincial Treasury
Applications are hereby invited from students registered at tertiary institutions for financial support towards further studies in the 2020 academic year.
Students must reside within the Overstrand Municipal area.
Closing Date: Friday, 28 August 2020 at 15:00.
The aim of this programme is to support students who are performing academically; have a real interest in uplifting and changing the community for the better; and who shows his/her potential but do not have the financial means to study towards a degree. Students from historically disadvantaged groups and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Bursaries will be allocated for a period of one (1) year.
Undergraduate or postgraduate students in the field of:
• Supply Chain Management
• Internal Audit
• Risk Management
Minimum requirements for a bursary:
• South African citizen residing within the Overstrand Municipal Area.
• aged between 18 and 25 years.
• a completed Grade 12/Senior Certificate or similar qualification.
• meeting the admission requirements of the relevant accredited tertiary academic institution within the borders of South Africa.
• Bursaries will be allocated to the 2 (two) students with the lowest combined monthly income.
Please comply by completing the official application form, available on our website, and submit it with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and covering letter, in a sealed envelope marked “Bursary application”, for the attention of the Senior Manager, Human Resources, Overstrand Municipality, PO Box 20, Hermanus 7200 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications/supporting documents larger than 4MB sent via email will not be accommodated.
Please ensure that your application includes certified copies of the following documents:
• Proof of qualification/latest examination results.
• Proof of registration at an accredited tertiary institution.
• Identity document (not older than three months).
• Proof of residential address (municipal account).
• Proof of salary statements of both parents/guardians.
• If disabled, a letter from a medical doctor confirming permanent disability.
No late or incomplete applications will be considered. For further information contact Karin van der Merwe at 028 313 8113.
All applications will be subject to the approval of a bursary committee and shall be evaluated in terms of the approved bursary policy. A copy of this policy is available on the municipal website.