#FastTipTuesday: Fix Picture Framing When Painting
Rollers are used for big surface areas and brushes to cut in to corners and paint along the trim lines. When these two painting methods meet, the brushed painted areas look lighter or darker creating a 'picture frame'. Prevent this by:
• Mixing paint properly and applying it evenly
• Painting corners and edges of one section at a time
• Maintaining a wet edge when painting
• Dabbing the brush on the wet stripe coat to create the same finish as a roller to avoid lines that change the surface profile
• Taking the roller as close to the corner as possible
To fix picture framing - match overlapping sections by applying more paint to cut in areas.