Household Waste Collection Over December Holidays
No change to the household waste collection over the December holidays.
Waste collection will take place as per the usual refuse removal schedule over the festive season regardless of public holidays.
Please put your waste out early on the morning of the collection day as per the below collection schedule:
For Greater Hermanus
• MONDAY: Vermont, Fisherhaven, Voëlklip
• TUESDAY: Onrus, Chanteclair, Berghof, Sandbaai, Hemel-en-Aarde
• WEDNESDAY: Zwelihle, Mount Pleasant
• THURSDAY: Westcliff, Northcliff, houses in the CBD and Hermanus Industrial Area
• FRIDAY: Hawston, Eastcliff, Hermanus Heights, Kwaaiwater, Fernkloof
• MONDAY: Rooi-Els, Kleinmond Sea Avenues, Kleinmond Mountain Avenues, Klein Berlyn and Heuningkloof
• TUESDAY: Proteadorp, Overhills, Mountain View, Extension 6, Palmiet, Sunny Seas, Jock’s Bay
• Wednesdays: Betty’s Bay and Mooiuitsig
• THURSDAYS: Pringle Bay
• FRIDAYS: Businesses
• MONDAY: Pearly Beach
• TUESDAY: De Kelders, Masakhane, Beverly Hills
• WEDNESDAY: Franskraal, a portion of Gansbaai Industria and Masakhane
• THURSDAY: Kleinbaai, Baardskeerdersbos and a portion of Gansbaai CBD
• FRIDAY: Gansbaai, Perlemoen Bay, Blompark, Masakhane, Beverly Hills
• TUESDAY: North of De Bruyn Street
• THURSDAY: South of De Bruyn Street
Note that should you be staying in an area which has been declared a problem animal area your waste needs to be stored and placed out on the collection day in an animal proof container.
The following areas have been 𝗱𝗲𝗰𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗺𝗮𝗹 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗹𝗲𝗺 𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘀 Voëlklip, Fernkloof (including the Golf Estate), Hermanus Heights, Eastcliff, Kwaaiwater, a portion of Onrus, a portion of Hawston, Kleinmond (including Arabella), Betty’s Bay, Rooiels and Pringle Bay.
If you generate excess waste over this festive season, please take the additional waste that you generate to one of our facilities for the safe disposal of your waste.
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝘃𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗢𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝘀𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗽𝗼𝘀𝗮𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗲𝘅𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘄𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲: Pearly Beach Drop-off, Gansbaai Landfill Site, Stanford Drop-off, Voëlklip Drop-off, Voëlklip mini Drop-off, Hermanus Drop-off, Hawston Drop-off, Kleinmond Transfer Station, Bettys Bay mini Drop-off, Betty’s Bay Garden Waste Drop-off and Pringle Bay mini Drop-off.
Note that the mini drop-off sites will only accept a few bags from people (small volumes) and are in place to accept waste from the public leaving the area before the weekly waste collection to prevent the waste being left out on the pavement when visitors leave the area and are available to customers after hours.
The drop-offs and transfer stations will accept loads of up to 1 ton for free, loads which are larger than 1 ton but under 3 tons will be charged for at these facilities and any loads larger than 3 tons will have to be disposed of directly to the Karwyderskraal Landfill.
Please place any clean recycling waste out with your general waste on your normal waste collection day in a clear bag, you will then be provided with a replacement clear bag when it is collected. The collected clear bags are taken to the Materials Recovery Facility where they are sorted into the different recyclable streams for recycling.
Garden and green waste should be delivered to one of the following facilities for chipping: Pearly Beach Drop-off, Gansbaai Landfill Site, Stanford Drop-off, Voëlklip Drop-off, Hermanus Transfer Station, Kleinmond Transfer Station or the Bettys Bay Garden Waste Drop-off site.
Everyone has a part to play in cleaning their surrounding environment and keeping our municipal outdoor areas beautiful.
Overstrand Municipality thanks you for assisting us to correctly manage your waste.