Social Distancing Awareness Campaigns & Activities
Cape Agulhas Municipality’s Economic Development & Tourism Promotion department has been hard at work in making sure that entrepreneurs and the general populace of Cape Agulhas are still receiving much-needed services during the lock-down period, though on a limited scale. We are indeed making sure that the public constantly stays abreast of the latest developments and try to assist in every possible way that we can.
In these difficult times that we are facing, we are assisting with various social distancing awareness campaigns.
Our office has also been taking part in the following activities since the nationwide lockdown has been announced:
1) We are keeping entrepreneurs up to date and informed of the Tourism Relief Fund which they can apply for at the National Department of Tourism. The Department encourages all eligible businesses to apply for the COVID-19 Tourism relief fund during the application period of 7 April - 30 May 2020.
2) Our Economic Development-unit is also assisting entrepreneurs with applications to the SMME & UIF relief fund, of course in the meantime also observing social distancing protocols, hence we encourage clients to use technology such as cell phoning and emailing to submit their requisite documentation.
3) We are assisting with the schools feeding programme in our communities and enforcing social distancing.
4) We render assistance with the packaging of food parcels earmarked for our impoverished communities.
5) We would once again like to encourage our communities to continuously view our social media networks such as Facebook (Discover Cape Agulhas, as well as Cape Agulhas Municipality’s website to make sure that they stay up to date with the latest information on COVID-19.
All entrepreneurs and businesses that need help with accessing government relief funds may contact any of our relevant staff members that is Heinrich Spandiel (cell: 083 966 9283) & Ian Kies (cell: 082 221 1487) or email HeinrichS@capeagulhas.gov.za or IanK@capeagulhas.gov.za. Enquiries regarding the Tourism Relief Fund may be directed to Cindy Jacobs (cell: 061 741 4186) or email CindyJ@capeagulhas.gov.za.
In addition to the above our law enforcement is running 24/7 roadblocks at all access points to Cape Agulhas, making sure that the lock-down regulations are strictly adhered to, at this point of time Cape Agulhas is one of only two municipalities in the Overberg-region that still remains Coronavirus free.