Cape Agulhas Tourism Competition Week 4
• First Prize: Two Nights Stay for Two Guests - Blue Sky Guest House (including breakfast)
• Second Prize: One Case of Wine - Strandveld Vineyards
How it Works:
1. Answer an easy question, to do with towns at the southernmost tip of Africa (each Monday until 2 November 2020).
2. Find the answer to each week's question in the mini-blogs on Cape Agulhas Tourism Promotion Office’s Xplorio profile. Find your clues here.
3. Each week two correct entries will go into the final draw.
4. You can enter once, or once a week, it’s up to you.
Struisbaai Harbour is a hive of activity when fishermen return to shore with their catch of the day. Although friendly fishermen and their ocean-bounty are a sight to behold, there is another spectacle that draws the crowds.
Each afternoon when the fishermen return from a day of hard work on the ocean, hungry stingrays hoping for a snack of leftover fish meet them in the harbour. These legendary, giant short-tailed, stingrays have grown rather fond of the curious humans who flock to the harbour to see them at ‘feeding time’.
Question 4 - What is the name of the national heritage site that was founded by German missionaries in 1824?
Answer to Question 3 - Stingrays can be fed by the public in Struisbaai Harbour.
For more information about things-to-do, accommodation and restaurants in Elim, contact the Elim Tourism Office here.