Here are five fun facts about milk:
- Regular full-fat milk is less than 4% fat. The “fat” spoken of is actually cream.
- Dairy cows produce over 90% of the world’s milk.
- Cows produce an average of 24 litres of milk per day and 350,000 glasses of milk in a lifetime.
- Until 11,000 years ago, milk was toxic to humans. The only way we could consume it was lowering the lactose levels by turning it into cheese.
- Farmers who called their cows by name reported 258 litres higher milk yield than those who did not.