Recover, Recycle, Reuse
We would like to remind all residents and visitors that recycling in Overstrand is back on track.
Please be sure to place your recyclables out in a clear plastic bag on collection day. The solid waste team will pick it up, replace the clear plastic bag with a new one, and transport your recyclables to the nearest materials recovery facility where it will be sorted and processed according to the appropriate recyclable stream.
Kindly note, due to costs (fuel, labour, vehicle, etc) associated with servicing the Hangklip-Kleinmond drop-offs, only one vehicle is sent to do the collection and they collect the waste as follows:
• All the general waste is first loaded into the vehicle after which the clear bags and recyclable waste are loaded.
• At the Transfer station they then first empty / drop the recyclable waste and then dispose of the general waste into the waste containers
Waste should only be placed out for collection early on the morning of the scheduled collection day. Do not leave household waste on the pavement overnight or place it out for collection on any other day.
All garden and green waste can be disposed of at one of the following facilities for chipping/composting:
• Pearly Beach drop-off
• Gansbaai landfill site
• Stanford drop-off
• Voëlklip drop-off
• Hermanus transfer station
• Kleinmond transfer station
• Betty’s Bay garden waste drop-off site.