Apply for Indigent Support Today
Overstrand Municipal officials will be available from 10:00 - 18:00 today, 17 August 2023, at the Youth Centre in Kleinmond, at the Moffat Hall in Mount Pleasant and at the Zwelihle Community Centre to help needy households to register for Indigent Subsidy support for free basic services and 50 free electricity units.
The following documentation must be submitted when applying for your indigent grant:
• the latest municipal account of the account holder
• an identity document of all residents (18 years and older) of the property
• A copy of the birth certificate of every resident child under 18 years of age
• 3 months’ salary/wages of each working resident
• In the case of no bank account, the client must confirm such with an affidavit
• 3 months of bank statements from each resident
• An affidavit to declare income if you are self-employed
• Proof of disability pension or maintenance allowance
• Affidavit of unemployment and that there is no other source of income. Must confirm since which date unemployed
• Divorce order in the event of a divorce
• an affidavit confirming responsibility for the account in the instance where the applicant is not the account holder, but reside on the property; and a letter from account holder and/or lease agreement
• In the instance of a deceased estate, indigent applications will be considered in accordance with requirements for Deceased Estates as stipulated in the Overstrand Customer Care, Credit Control and Debt Collection Policy, inclusive of submission of the executors letter, or letter of authority from the Master/Court.
Community members can visit any of the municipal offices in Gansbaai, Stanford, Hermanus or Kleinmond during the week for support.