Vacancy: Accountant - Overberg
My client is looking for an Accountant to join their team. It is a busy practice and you will have excellent exposure to various industries. You will perform general accounting tasks, reporting to the partner.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing accounting work relating to annual financial statements.
- Examine, analyse, and interpret accounting records to prepare financial statements (IFRS and IFRS for SME’s)
- Performing independent reviews.
- Responsible for calculating VAT, PAYE and other necessary SARS requirements on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Responsible for more complex pieces of work to be done.
- Writing up of more complex accounting records of clients on Pastel.
- Assisting in general accounting and payroll related duties for clients.
- Liaising directly with clients to source new work for the accounting department.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Ensuring that you meet the minimum billings hours as per the company standards.
- B Com Accounting or equivalent degree/diploma
- Completed SAICA/SAIPA articles
- Strong knowledge of accounting and accounting concepts
- Knowledge of Caseware/Draftworx AFS drafting package
- Knowledge of VIP Payroll
- Knowledge of Pastel accounting software
- Ability to meet with client and sell work to be done
- Responsible and dedicated to “going the extra mile”
- Must demonstrate personal and time management skills in order to ensure deadlines are met
- Technical ability (IFRS, Companies Act, International Standards of Auditing, Tax)
- Presentable and well-spoken
- A meticulous and detailed person
- MS Excel and MS Word literacy required
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be self-motivated
- Traveling to clients will be expected
- Overtime will be required from time to time to meet client deadlines
- Excellent Afrikaans & English communication skills
Please send your to AF Consulting.
Closing Date: 8 April 2020