PROPERTY RATES: APPLICATION FOR REBATE
Pensioners and disabled persons have until 30 November 2020 to submit their applications for a rebate on property rates to Overstrand's Rates and Data Control Office.
The decision to temporarily extend the last receipt date for applications for rebates from 30 September 2020 to 30 November 2020 was made during a virtual Council meeting held on Wednesday 29 July 2020, to afford ratepayers more time to acquire and submit the necessary documentation required for the approval of applications.
Retired and Disabled persons qualify for special rebates on property rates, according to their total gross monthly household income.
A rebate will be considered if:
• The owner(s) must be a South African citizen(s)
• The applicant(s) must be the registered owner(s)
• The owner(s) must occupy the property as his/her/their primary residence
• The owner(s) must be at least 60 years of age or in receipt of a disability pension from the State
• The gross monthly household income may not exceed eight times the state-funded social pension per month (R14 880)
• The property may not consist of more than one residential unit
• The applicant(s) may not be owner(s) of more than one property
Pensioner's rebate application forms are available on Overstrand’s website at www.overstrand.gov.za, click on Documents, click on Forms.
Enquiries with regard to the above, can be directed to the Rates and Data Control Office on 028 313 8000. Alternatively send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Remember to include your account number, your name and surname and a contact number when applying for the application form for Pensioner Rebate on Property Rates.
You can also apply at your closest Municipal Office and they will gladly assist you.
KLEINMOND: 33 5th Avenue, Kleinmond; Tel: 028 271 8400
HERMANUS: Magnolia Street, Hermanus; Tel: 028 313 8000/8111
STANFORD: 17 Queen Victoria Street, Stanford; Tel: 028 384 8500
GANSBAAI: Main Street, Gansbaai; Tel: 028 384 8300