Vacancy: Supply Chain Management (SCM) Practitioner
The SCM Practitioner will organise, manage, control and coordinate the supply chain management function for the Space Science (SS) Programme and Hermanus Facility including demand, acquisition, logistics, performance and risk management. The incumbent will have dual reporting lines to the SCM Manager in Pretoria and the Finance and Business Manager in Hermanus. The SCM Practitioner MUST be based in Hermanus.
The duties will include the following:
• Procurement of goods and services through RFQ, RFP and tender processes according to the SCM Prescripts (including deviations and extension).
• Assist users in the completion of purchase requests on the system as required.
• Responsible for Demand Management including Procurement Plans.
• Continually using CSD for new vendors and do a market analysis for products/services to obtain best-value purchasing for SANSA.
• Manage and administer supplier contracts.
• Ensure procurement source documents are verified, captured and authorised, and the purchase order is placed with the supplier.
• General Administration work e.g. filing and document management.
• Liaise with suppliers with regards to procurement queries and issues.
• Report on supply chain management information as required.
• Manage procurement in a manner that all policies and procedures are adhered to (including market research, turnaround times, etc.).
• Manage the improvement of SCM compliance through awareness sessions for the SANSA Hermanus team.
• Provide administrative support with regards to BEE certification and supplier development programmes.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management/ Logistics/ Purchasing / Finance/ Commercial or relevant equivalent SAQA level qualification.
• A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in Tenders and RFQs at the SCM Practitioner level.
• Knowledge of applicable legislative and regulatory framework e.g. Public Finance and Management Act (PFMA), Treasury Regulations and guidelines, etc.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Attention to detail is essential.
• Good numerical and computer skills.
• Advance skills in MS Office especially Excel.
• Knowledge of and experience in the use of SCM processing on an ERP system (SAGE X3 would be advantageous).
• Analytical skills to analyse business documents.
• Report writing skills.
• Very good English communication skills.
Please NOTE that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities. Preference will be given to candidates in accordance with this.
SANSA reserves the right to not make an appointment.
Should you meet the above requirements, please apply by logging into https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com
Closing date: 27 November 2020
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful.