JOIN THE LIBRARY
We are encouraging all residents in the Overstrand Municipality to join their local libraries.
They have all the bestseller fictions books and endless non-fiction topics to cover your interests or needs.
Overstrand Libraries offer a free public library service at all nine libraries across the muninicipal area.
You would need to complete a membership form to apply for membership. You need to provide a valid identity document together with proof of your home address (such as a utility bill).
If you are applying for a card for a child who is younger than 17, you will need to sign their application form and bring along their identity document as well as your own.
If you are renting from somebody you must provide a copy of the first page of your agreement. If you stay with somebody they must give you a letter that states
you are living with them.
Here is what you get:
• Circulation of assorted library material (Books, Magazines, CDs, Audio Books, DVDs, Puzzles, Newspapers - Covid 19 regulations dependant)
• Materials in Afrikaans, English and isiXhosa in most libraries
• Free Internet Access
• Free access to electronic and audio-books via Overdrive/Libby (Username: Full card number and Password: dd.mm.yyyy)
• Registering for your Covid vaccine (18 years and older)
• Library outreach activities to children and elderly
• Access to school tasks information/resources
• Book sales
• Advertisements / Notice Boards
• Email services*
• Online Applications*
• Pre-school reading program*
• Career Guidance*
• Photocopies* (colour or black/white)
• Hall Hire Facilities*