Chrysalis Academy is almost open for Applications
Applications for Overstrand Municipality's training programme at Chrysalis Academy open tomorrow on Tuesday, 1 March and close on 29 April 2022.
Young, motivated males are encouraged to apply. Female applications will only start in July.
Qualifying criteria for bravo males:
• between 18 and 25 years old
• have passed Grade 9 (Standard 7)
• not in employment, education or training
• have no criminal record and
• is a resident of the Western Cape Province
The programme offers a three month life skills programme to provide young people with the necessary tools to become self-confident, resilient role models and leaders within their communities.
The programme has four phases. During each phase, the students are exposed to physical activities, a range of learning areas and voluntary work to achieve their development into positive role models.
Throughout the programme, the students have access to individual councelling and life coaching based on individual assessments.
Furthermore, parent workshops and family sessions are offered to promote positive parenting and caring families in the communities.
Application forms can be downloaded from the municipal website. Go to overstrand.gov.za click on Documents click on Forms or collected from and submitted to the following Overstrand Youth Desks:
• Hermanus Youth Desk at the Fire Services offices in Mussel Road
• Gansbaai/Stanford Youth Desk at the Law Enforcement Office in Gansbaai
• Kleinmond Youth Desk at Kleinmond Law Enforcement Office.
General enquiries on Chrysalis applications can be made to Ongie Tyilana at 028 313 5054 or email@example.com. For more information regarding the programme, contact Ntombi Mtholo on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.