Embracing Change for Stronger Relationships
No matter if it is a broken relationship in a marriage, business partnership, siblings, children or friends, there is one person who wants it to return to "normal" and one who wants change.
The reality is that the way the relationship was constructed worked for one partner and not the other. Both parties have their grievances, both are angry and hurt, but in the bigger scheme it worked better for the one party than the other.
If you truly want to heal the relationship six things must happen:
1. You need to learn to make yourself happy. Nobody is responsible for your happiness.
2. Step out of the business transaction of love. Love is unconditional, any other love is conditional and therefore a business transaction.
3. Heal within yourself what you want the other person to "complete" within you.
4. The relationship/partnership must change. You cannot return to normal, it is time to build a new relationship with new boundaries.
5. Realise that some relationships served their purpose, it is time to be grateful for the lessons they brought, give thanks for the opportunity to grow, and to honour that relationship by becoming stronger.
The old is not the path. A stronger, equal, desired, build on respect, and seated in unconditional love is what will save your relationship. Love brings the change that is required. Respect is the glue that bonds it. Equality is what makes it strong. Desire is what brings fun.
Are you ready for a stronger relationship? Are you ready to embrace the gift of change?