IMPORTANT NOTICE: TRAFFIC DEPARTMENT: VEHICLE REGISTRATIONS, DRIVING LICENCE TESTING AND VEHICLE TESTING STATIONS
Our traffic department is experiencing high volumes of clients, which is exasperated by COVID 19 related closures of other Municipalities Facilities.
We are striving to keep our facilities open whilst ensuring the safety of both our clients and our staff. We would like to take this opportunity to remind the public that we are not operating at full capacity and can only allow a limited number of clients into our offices at one time. For this reason, we will only service permanent residents of the Cape Agulhas Municipality.
Clients are also reminded that the Minister of Transport has issued a directive to the effect that the validity of all learner's licences, driving licences, temporary drivers licences, motor vehicle licence discs, temporary permits, roadworthy certificates and professional driving permits that expire during the period that commenced from 26 March 2020 up to and including 31 May 2020 are deemed to be valid for a further 90 days from 01 June 2020, and that Motor trade licences that expire during the period that commenced from 26 March 2020 up to and including 31 May 2020, are deemed to be valid and are extended for a further grace period of six months from 1 June 2020.
Clients are encouraged where possible to make use of on-line services where available and abide by the following.
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
- No cash payments will be accepted, payment can only be made by EFT, bank cards or bank guaranteed cheques.
- Always provide acceptable proof of identification and proof of address, which is not older than 3 months when performing a transaction. The following link will take you to a list of acceptable forms of proof of address (POA list).
- It will expedite transactions and limit social contact if you download and complete forms at home.
- Forms not specifically mentioned below are all obtainable on the E-natis website.
- Contact details:
o General: Tel: 028 425 5600
o Clerk of the Court: Tel: 028 425 5608
o Email: Traffic@capeagulhas.gov.za (for all correspondence, appointments, enquiries and proof of payments)
2. MOTOR VEHICLE LICENCE RENEWALS (INCLUDING BRNC’s and TRNC’s) (AVAILABLE WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT)
- Only a limited number of individuals/businesses can be assisted per day at the Bredasdorp Traffic Centre on a first come first serve basis, every weekday from 9:00 until 12:00.
- Renewals can also be done at the Struisbaai and Napier Offices every weekday from 9:00 – 12:00.
o Form ALV (APPLICATION FOR LICENSING OF MOTOR VEHICLE).
o Form NCP (NOTIFICATION OF CHANGE OF ADDRESS OR PARTICULARS OF PERSON OR ORGANISATION), if not FICA compliant.
- Online service
The guideline on online licence renewals can be accessed here.
3. VEHICLE REGISTRATIONS
- Completed applications and payment must be submitted to the supervisor. We will phone you when your transaction has been processed and you can collect your documentation. The maximum turnaround period for these transactions will be 5 days, except where Provincial transactions and authorisations are required.
- Transactions will be done in the afternoons.
INDIVIDUALS / BRNC’S / TRNC’S
- Only a limited number of individuals/proxies/representatives can be assisted per day at the Bredasdorp Traffic Centre every weekday from 9:00 until 12:00, on an appointment basis only. Please phone or e-mail us to make an appointment and indicate when making the appointment how many transactions you intend doing.
4. LEARNER AND DRIVERS LICENCES
BACKLOG (APPOINTMENTS CONFIRMED BETWEEN 26 MARCH 2020 AND 5 JUNE 2020)
- Appointments that were made for dates that fell in the lockdown period, which could not be honoured, will receive priority. We will phone you to confirm a new date and time.
NEW APPLICATIONS (AVAILABLE FROM 3 AUGUST 2020)
- New learner/drivers licence bookings will be accepted from 3 August 2020.
- Bookings for learner classes will be accepted from 3 August 2020.
- Classes will be smaller to ensure social distancing.
5. ROADWORTHY TESTS (AVAILABLE WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT)
- A limited number of roadworthy tests can be done per day at the Bredasdorp Traffic Centre Bookings will be done on an appointment basis only. Please phone or e-mail us to make an appointment.
6. RENEWAL OF DRIVERS LICENCES AND PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS PERMITS (PDP’S)
- From 3 August 2020, a limited number of renewals of driver’s licences and Professional Drivers Permits (PDP’s) will be done at the Bredasdorp Traffic Centre.
- In the interim, temporary drivers licences will be issued and the necessary documentation issued to applicants wishing to renew their PDP’s.
- These services are available weekdays between 9:00 and 12:00. Bookings will be done on an appointment basis only. Please phone or e-mail us to make an appointment.
7. TRAFFIC OFFENCES AND REPRESENTATIONS
- Clients are urged to pay their traffic fines via EFT and https://www.paymyfines.co.za/
- Representations should preferably be emailed.
- Should you wish to pay in person or submit a representation in person please make an appointment with the Clerk of the Court Ms M Johannes
BANKING DETAILS FOR PAYMENT OF TRAFFIC FINES
Account Name: Cape Agulhas Traffic Fines
Account Number: 4064121626
Branch Code: 632005
Reference: (Notice Number)
Please email proof of payment to Traffic@capeagulhas.gov.za