Stanford Village Weather, Climate and Seasons
Stanford Village's geographical location, between Cape Town and Agulhas, places it in the heart of the Overberg's wine, agricultural and Fynbos region. The moderate climate is a combination of coastal and inland weather conditions with an abundance of fine weather days. This favourable weather and convenient location make this historical country village a favourite destination for visitors from around the globe. Stanford is best known for its abundance of award-winning wine farms.
Summer weather in Stanford (December, January, February & March)
- Stanford average seasonal temperature in summer: 17°C (63°F) and 28°c (82°F)
- Stanford average daily temperature in summer: 25 °C (77°F)
- Stanford average monthly rainfall in summer: Mostly dry
- Stanford average daylight hours in summer: 12 to 14.5 hours
The summer months in Stanford are generally warm to hot with not much rainfall expected although, as with all weather patterns, anything can happen. The long sunny days are perfect for outdoor living and adventures. The nearest seaside towns are Gansbaai and Hermanus, both of which are a short 15-minute drive away. Things start to sizzle in February which is known for mini-heatwaves and temperatures as high as 40°C (104°F) can be expected.
Autumn weather in Stanford (March, April, May & June)
- Stanford average seasonal temperature in autumn: 13°C (59°F) and 27°c (81°F)
- Stanford average daily temperature in autumn: 22°c (72°F)
- Stanford average monthly rainfall in autumn: 5 to 6 days a month
- Stanford average daylight hours in autumn: 10 to 12 hours
The autumn months in Stanford merge with summer and winter so seamlessly that you will be hard-pressed to notice the end and beginning of each season. Other than dawn being much later and dusk a whole lot earlier, the daytime weather remains fine and sunny with hardly any wind. A few rainy days bring some colour back into the lush countryside which by now has begun to show the after-effects of the hot, dry summer months. Mornings can be surprisingly icy from April onwards.
Winter weather in Stanford (June, July, August & September)
- Stanford average seasonal temperature in winter: 11°C (52°F) and 20°c (68°F)
- Stanford average daily temperature in winter: 13°C (55°F)
- Stanford average monthly rainfall in winter: 10 to 11 days a month
- Stanford average daylight hours in winter: 9.5 to 12 hours
The winter months in Stanford consist of an eclectic mix of mild fair weather days, icy days when ruthless storms and strong winds batter the countryside and hot sunny days that make you want to be out-and-about. Once in a while, all these weather patterns occur on the same day. August is known for its gusty winds, rain and colder than usual days.
Spring weather in Stanford (September, October, November & December)
- Stanford average seasonal temperature in spring: 13°C (55°F) and 25°c (77°F)
- Stanford average daily temperature in spring: 23°C (73°F)
- Stanford average monthly rainfall in spring: 5 to 8 days
- Stanford average daylight hours in spring: 12 to 14 hour
The spring months in Stanford offer an inspiring taste of the warmer months that lay ahead and the longer, warmer days are welcomed after the icy tail end of winter finally subsides. The abundance of rain has prepared the earth for new life and the landscape is covered in yellow canola fields. Hundreds of sweet little farm animals make their appearance into the world during the spring months.
One week weather forecast for Stanford: