NOMINATIONS FOR NEW WARD COMMITTEES
After the 2021 Local Government Elections, new Ward Committees in all wards will be established.
Overstrand Municipality will be having an additional Ward with changes in demarcation as set out below.
Ward 1: Stanford and Thembelihle
Ward 2: Gansbaai North-East and Masakhane
Ward 9 & 10: There is a change in the Ward demarcation between ward 9 and ward 10 with the ward boundary being moved to now include Beverly Hills/Extension 6 in Ward 9
Ward 11: Baardskeerdersbos, Eluxolweni, Pearly Beach, Buffeljagsbaai and Franskraal
Ward 14: Blompark, De Kelders, Gansbaai South-West and Van Dyksbaai
All organisations/sectors, geographical block/area and other stakeholders with a vested interest in community development and good governance are hereby invited to submit nominations for ward committee candidates that will participate in the elections for new Ward Committees for the next five year term.
Applications must be made in the local ward where the organisation/sector and geographical blocks are located and mainly operates before 8 October 2021.
Nominations to serve as a Ward Committee Member should be submitted at your nearest Municipal Office of the Area Manager.
Full details with regards to this process is available on the website www.overstrand.gov.za click on Documents, click on Forms.
Kindly note, ward committee elections to take place (dates to be announced) after the upcoming local government election.
The qualifying criteria for registration is as follow:
• Be a registered voter and whose name appears on the voters’ roll for the particular ward
• Not be a member of the Municipal Council
• Not be permanently or contractually employed by the Municipality
• Not be a Community Development Worker or employed by another sphere (provincial/national) of government
• Not have been indebted with the Municipality for a period longer than three (3) calendar months, with the exception that proof can be provided that the necessary arrangements have been made to settle the debt and continue to remain in good standing for the duration of the term of office
• Not have been convicted of an offence and sentenced for a period of more than twelve (12) months
Nomination forms and criteria are also available from:
Hermanus Administration (Wards 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12 & 13)
Mr A. Wyngaard: 028-313 8112 email@example.com, 1 Magnolia Street
Gansbaai Administration (Wards 1, 2, 11 &14)
Mr F. Myburgh: 028 384 8300, firstname.lastname@example.org, Main Road
Stanford Office, 17 Queen Victoria Street
Kleinmond Administration (Wards 9 & 10)
Mr D.Lakey: 028 271 8400, email@example.com, 33 5th Avenue