Grooming Parlour Protocols
- Booking in advance is crucial at this time as it will limit human to human interaction required and only by phone call, SMS or WhatsApp at this time.
- All communications of appointment to be done over the phone, SMS or WhatsApp.
- No walk-ins or in-person bookings will be accepted at this time.
- Please remove all collars, harnesses and accessories at home that are not crucial to safely managing your dogs while in transit.
- Kindly only have one healthy adult in the vehicle when delivering or collecting your dogs.
- Kindly alert us of your arrival and remain in your vehicle. We will collect your dogs from your vehicle.
- Masks must always be worn.
- Post-groom process kindly follows the same procedure. Notify us of your arrival and we will bring your dogs to you in your vehicle.
- Payment will be via online payment link (Yoco), sanitised card machine or EFT provided proof of payment via SMS has been received.
No cash payments or paper exchange accepted at this time.
For level 4 and 3 we are limited to providing only essential grooming services to the extent that the service is rendered for animal medical, health or welfare purposed and not for cosmetic purposes.
- To treat, prevent or alleviate any inflammatory or infectious skin conditions e.g. moist eczema, self-trauma due to matted coat, skin damage due to urine and faecal contamination of the coat.
- To treat, prevent and alleviate ear inflammations and allergic skin conditions through the use of medicated shampoos and ear cleaners.
- To treat and/or prevent ticks, flea and mite infestations with the appropriate parasiticides and shampoos.
- Alleviating the pain and discomfort caused by a matted coat, overgrown nails, hair in ear canals, overgrown facial hair injuring eyes, impacted anal glands affecting defecation.
- The thorough brushing out of all loose coat of double coasted breeds to prevent matting.
Restoring the condition of the pet's coat to a clean and tidy state that makes it possible for the owner to maintain themselves for a reasonable period of time.
- Where the poor physical hygiene of the pet negatively affect the animal human bond e.g. the pet is banished from the home due to being dirty, does not receive the usual affection from its owner.
- Where the unhygienic condition of the pet poses a health risk to its owners.
- Where the owners of the pet are unable to provide essential grooming that their pet requires e.g. due to their own physical limitations the large size and/or difficult temperament of the pet, the lack of grooming skills and specialized grooming equipment required to groom their particular breed of pet.
The routine grooming of otherwise clean pets that do not suffer from any of the above conditions would be considered cosmetic and is prohibited during Level 4 of lockdown regulations.