Farm Manager Position Available at Panthera Africa
We are excited to offer a position and welcome a new pride member to our team. The position is ideal for someone with experience in a management role, maintenance and driving, in addition to having skills in DIY, general farm work, firefighting and first aid.
The following skills and qualities are required:
• Planning and organising
• Maintenance, DIY and work with electric tools - i.e. chainsaw, brush cutter
• Task and time management
• Drive long distance with trailer
• Ability to work with and collect meat
• Physically and mentally strong
• Solid independent worker with great initiative
• Strong team player and good with people
• Well-spoken and good command of English and Afrikaans
• Trustworthy, responsible, positive and passionate, committed, solution orientated and be able to multitask
The candidate will work in close relation with the managing director, animal caretakers and farm workers as an independent and pivotal team member. The main purpose of the position is to manage, plan, organise and maintain all farm operations.
Main tasks include:
• Plan and organise own day
• Maintenance of infrastructure, equipment and cars
• Security and electric fencing
• Organise, liaise and collect meat for the big cats
• Alien clearing and fire season preparations
Candidate must be prepared to live on-site (if single) or in Gansbaai, Stanford or Hermanus. Salary package will be dependent on experience and living arrangements.
Send CV and a short two-minute video of why you are the perfect candidate for this position to email@example.com by 20 August 2020. If you do not hear from us by 31 August, consider your application unsuccessful.