Rotary International Stanford Projects
Rotary International Stanford has many projects that they are faithfully committed to, which include:
Soup kitchens in Stanford
- This ongoing project feeds over 500 underprivileged elders, children and unemployed members of the Stanford community at four different locations.
Bags Of Love
- This generous project gives an estimated 300 Christmas grocery gift bags to families within the community who need a helping hand during the festive season when the soup kitchen closes for the year.
- This project collects and then provides blankets and clothing which is handed out each May to the less fortunate who could do with a little warmth during winter.
- This an initiative where participants brave the cold water of the Klein Rivier for a good cause. There are two teams of participants in this charitable swimming event, namely the Plunging Penguins and the Cheering Chickens, where the main aim is to raise funds for the soup kitchens in Stanford.
Consol Solar Glass Jar Project
- This project aims to light up the lives of those members of the community who live in informal settlements with no electricity. For some, this is the only safe source of light to study or cook with and greatly helps in preventing shack fires.
- Rotary International Stanford founded the swap shop and later handed it over to the community. The Rotary still remains a proud supporter of the shop.
For more information, feel free to contact Rotary International Stanford directly,