Guided Abalone Tours
Heart of Abalone offers various pre-booked tours and activities. Please note:
- Tours run daily from Mondays to Fridays at 11h00 (group or alternate timeslots by appointment)
- Tours take place regardless of the weather but the outdoor part may be adjusted in the case of wind and rain
- There is no minimum group size
- Groups and weekend tours need prior arrangement and booking
- Group sizes are limited to 50 people per tour
Guided Abalone Farm Tour and Tasting
- R350 per person
- R75 for children under the age of 16
- R150 if no tasting is required
- 1 hour and 30 minutes
Heart of Abalone offers a tour with a difference where you get to see what goes on in one of South Africa’s leading abalone farms.
Find out about Haliotis, the edible sea snail which is a marine gastropod mollusc in the family Haliotidae.
Taste this rare delicacy presented to you on a tasting platter that consists of three variations:
- Abalone ceviche
- Abalone carpaccio dressed with seaweed caviar
- Asian-style ‘cocktail-size’ abalone served in a special sauce
The Abalone Tours include an interactive educational ‘petting aquarium’ where you get to see and touch the abalone up-close in their natural and farmed environment. This is your chance to ask all those questions regarding this endangered shellfish.
For more information and to book your exciting tour, contact Heart of Abalone.