Congratulations to five researchers from SANSA on their NFR ratings
The NRF rating system is a key driver in the NRF’s aim to build a globally competitive science system in South Africa. It is a valuable tool for benchmarking the quality of our researchers against the best in the world. NRF ratings are allocated based on a researcher’s recent research outputs and impact as perceived by international peer reviewers. The rating system encourages researchers to publish high-quality outputs in high-impact journals/outlets. Rated researchers as supervisors will impart cutting-edge skills to the next generation of researchers.
Ratings are valid for a 6 year period.
The rating results are as follows:
• Dr Shimul Maharaj - C2 (renewal of rating and improvement in level)
• Dr Stefan Lotz - C2 (first time rating)
• Dr Zama Katamzi-Joseph - C2 (first time rating)
• Dr Pierre Cilliers - C2 (renewal of rating)
• Dr John Bosco Habarulema - B2 (renewal of rating and improvement in level)
Dr Habarulema is one of very few researchers in the country who have moved straight from a Y (Young Researcher with potential) to B (Internationally recognized researcher) in only 6 years.
SANSA also had 100% success rate in our 2021 rating applications. And the level of ratings indicates that our researchers are operating at a significantly high standard.