You will need:
- Stanley knife
- Wire stripper
Use a screwdriver to open the plug.
- Appliances that do not need to be earthed have 2 pins.
- Remember, each wire must be long enough to reach the correct pin.
- Cut outer insulation where wires enter the plug.
- Measure the correct spot to cut the insulation and mark it.
- Score the outer insulation with the Stanley knife; take care not to cut into the wires.
- Wriggle the outer insulation about until you see a clean break. Remove it using pliers.
- Trim each individual wire to the correct length and remove about 5mm of the insulation.
- Twist the copper wires and place them into the relevant terminals.
- Use screws to keep them in place.
Close the plug case and tighten with a screwdriver.