- Trips depart from Kleinbaai harbour and anchor site depends on the sea conditions, weather and previous shark sightings.
- The South African winter months - from June to September - are the best times for viewing regarding visibility in the water and feeding habits, but trips are done throughout the year.
- There is the option of surface viewing from the specialized boats or entering the water in a secure cage. One does not have to be scuba qualified.
- The specially designed shark diving cage is very secure, and floats with part of the cage out of the water. Divers are never more than a meter below the surface.
- All diving equipment is supplied, and all shark diving operators have to comply with strict safety rules and regulations.
- An average of 4 to 5 sharks are usually encountered, but as many as 18 have been seen. Winter storms can prevent boats from launching, so it is best to schedule a few additional days into one's itinerary.
Video and Tips for Shark Cage Diving in Gansbaai15 January 2013
With breathtaking panoramic views of mountain and sea, the Grootbos Private Nature Reserve is a luxurious pristine paradise showcasing the splendour of the Cape Floral Kingdom and the incredible marine life of the southern tip of Africa. Situated 2 hours from Cape Town, Grootbos is the perfect ce...View Profile
What is Xplorio?
Xplorio is your local connection allowing you to find anything and everything about a town.Read More