This is the perfect pudding to warm you up on a cold winter’s night.
- 150 ml fresh full cream milk
- 150 ml brown sugar
- 150 ml white flour
- 1 large egg
- 5 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 15 ml golden syrup
- 5 ml sunflower oil
- 5 ml ginger
- 5 ml baking powder
- butter, for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Take a knob of butter and use this to grease a pie dish.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, then using an electric hand blender, beat for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the pudding mixture into the greased pie dish.
- Pop the pudding into the oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve warm with loads of thick whipped cream or custard. Or both!