Hello lovely people,
Here at Health and Active, we not only like to look after your waistline but your taste buds as well! Each month we will be sending you yummy recipes that tastes awesome and make you feel great.
Today we are kicking off with a fantastic tasty Breakfast Recipe to wean you off of those sugary cereals and fruit!
The most Important Meal of your day…
Breakfast is actually the most important meal of the day for loosing weight. Those that skip breakfast have been scientifically proven in many tests to have a problem with sustaining their perfect weight.
By eating protein first thing in the morning, not only do you feel fuller for longer, but you also are far less likely to crave sugary snacks and carbs
If you start the day with coffee or sugar, you set yourself up for an insulin spike that makes you feel great and full of energy to begin with, but then the scales tip and you come crashing back down. This makes you crave another sugary of caffeine substance to ride the high throughout the rest of the day. If you eat protein first thing with a green tea, you do not experience the same high, and therefor sustain a more even balanced energy surge, which will help you to make the right food choices throughout your day.
Frittata is a perfect paleo breakfast, lunch or dinner. Frittatas are a great quick and easy meals, and great for using up your leftovers! So if you have meat left over from the braai and some veggies just throw it into the mix. Left over braai meat packs such a wonderful flavor! I also love to use left over roasted veggies…SO GOOD!
This recipe makes two large servings; just easily double it if you have a larger audience ;)
leftover FRITTATA galore!
Serves: 2 servings
· 1 tablespoon coconut oil or full fat non salted butter (organic preferred)
· 3 ounces cooked braai meat (sausage, chicken etc.), chopped or crumbled
· ¼ cup onion, diced
· ¼ cup red pepper, diced
· ½ cup of left over cooked veggies (roasted taste best)
· 3 large eggs
· 2 teaspoons mixed fresh herbs (or ½ teaspoon dried)
· Himalayan Rock Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat stove.
2. Beat eggs, salt and pepper and herbs
3. Add fat to 10-inch ovenproof pan and sauté onions and peppers until soft. Add meat and veggies and cook until heated through. Pour eggs over filling and cook until edges start to set.
4. Put pan in oven or under grill until frittata is puffed and cooked, and set in the centre (3-5 min’s)