From : September 22 2016 09:00
To : September 25 2016 17:00
Fernkloof Nature Reserve and the Hermanus Botanical Society once again host the Hermanus Flower Festival in celebration of the unique and beautiful fynbos within the region.
Hundreds of local flower specimens will be displayed and named, and indigenous flower bunches and plants will be for sale.
Within the marquee, local interest groups will have information on a variety of activities such as bird watching, canoeing and hiking trails.
Show gardens, built by local nurseries and other organisations around the amphitheater lawns will demonstrate that small is beautiful in the gardening world.
Freshen up on a hot cup of tea or coffee and satisfy your taste buds with home cooked goods while your children enjoy a very entertaining section that will host a puppet show and other activities.
R20 Children, (under 12) free
Pensioners Day - R10
- Fantastic Fynbos & Fire Floral Display
- Hundreds of individual flowers, each botanically identified
- Poster exhibit of rare orchid find in Fernkloof the Disa forficaria
- Photographic display of re-growth after fire
- Fynbos plants for your garden for sale from our Indigenous Nursery
- Marquee exhibit by local environmental organisations
- Exhibit of original art work by Vivienne Mitchley’s art students
- Hermanus Botanical Society stall: quality nature-themed goods for sale
- Fresh fynbos flower bunches for sale
- Tea & Coffee with cake and light lunches with a glass of wine in the Fynbos Café
- Self-guided annotated walk through the burnt area of Lemoenkop from the Visitors' Centre
- Fabulous Raffle prizes to be won! Tickets R10 for 1, R50 for 6