Gansbaai might be known as the Great White Capital of the World and home to the Marine Big 5, but this small town with its Great White heart also hosts one of the funkiest Overberg Festivals around. Welcome to the Funky Fynbos Festival 2016!
Celebrating its second year running, this year’s festival promises to be even funkier – with more activities, a new venue and lots more fynbos. This year, the festival will be hosted on the Flower Valley Farm in the beautiful Uilkraalvallei and the Flower Valley Pre-School has been chosen as the beneficiary for the event.
Some of the highlights to look forward include:
- Newly added MTB Races: Marathon, half-marathon and fun-ride options available
- Cape Mohair Trail Run: 30 km, 12 km & 6 km options available
- Take on the challenging 4x4 Tracks: Sand, Water and Obstacles galore
- Groenweide Garden Festival: Farmer’s Market, Garden display and Radio Control Aeroplanes display
- Fly Fishing Competition at Lomond: Shore and Boat Angling, Pop-Up Restaurant, Wine Tasting & Music
- Flower Valley: Fynbos Safaris, Wine and Cheese Platters
- Kids Entertainment: Lots of fun for the little ones including Jumping Castles, Face-Painting, Soccer and Tag Frizbee with Football Foundation Coaches, Tractor Rides
All Day : DJ Kim Sharklady on the decks | Marimba Band | Craft Beer | Wine Tasting | Food Stalls | Lomond Funky Fishing Day & Under The Milkwoods with Live Entertainment | Fynbos Vreugde Display at Groeneweide Farm | 4 x 4 Route at Panorama | Entertainment for the Kids 6:00 : MTB Race Registration at Flower Valley 8:00 : MTB Races start 13:30 : Prize Giving & Lucky Draws 18:00 : Shut down Til Late : Funky After Party at Johnny Rocket’s
SUNDAY, 25 September 2016
All Day : DJ Kim Sharklady on the decks | Marimba Band | Craft Beer | Wine Tasting | Food Stalls | Lomond Funky Fishing Day & Under The Milkwoods with Live Entertainment | Fynbos Vreugde Display at Groeneweide Farm | Entertainment for the Kids 7:30 : Trail Runs start 13:00 : Prize Giving & Lucky Draws 15:00 : Shut down
Be sure to book your tickets for the funkiest MTB Race and Trail Run around – details below:
Rockets Funky Fynbos MTB Race 2016:
Distance | Start time | Cost
64 km Marathon | 8:00 | R200
45 km Monster | 8:15 | R180
30 km Route| 8:30 | R130
20 km Route | 8:45 | R100
8 km Fun Ride | 9:00 | R50
Prize giving taking place at 13:00, prizes include luxury weekend getaway, cash prizes, Fat Bike lucky draws and other prizes to tantalise your senses.
Book your tickets today for this fabulously funky weekend in the Overberg! Remember to book your accommodation to avoid disappointment and stop by the local places to eat to experience the best Gansbaai has to offer!
A big thank you also goes out to main sponsor WESGRO.